In a Dying Society, People Turn To Drink... Especially The Young

The Daily Mail has a hilarious expose of alcohol related behaviors among British youth:


Then there was the teenage boy who, drunk on beer and vodka, had slapped a traffic warden twice round the face. After he was arrested, he spat in a policeman's face, shouting: 'You were raped by your father and you loved it.'
...
'I thought I looked grown-up and would drink as much as possible - sometimes even passing out. I never questioned what I was doing and my mum didn't know because I would say I was staying at a friend's house.

'I saved my dinner money and spent it on booze. It was never hard to get our hands on alcohol. But now I have no short-term memory and doctors warn me that if I drink any more, I will die.'


Hold my head while I laugh. But the article hints at a more serious problem: "the number of teenagers being admitted for treatment for specifically alcohol-related problems has increased by more than 50 per cent in the past six years." That in itself means little, except that those who seek treatment are a small percentage of those engaging in the behavior.

Think about what you've read in literature about dying nations. Drink to forget. The young run wild, yet are hollow inside. The old act by rote, having forgotten the reasons why. Everyone is trying to forget. Forget what? The elephant in the room... your society is collapsing from within, lol.


Paramedic Buckley adds: 'We have to treat so many young girls who are completely out of control. It's worrying when you see them staggering around or sitting on the floor amid rubbish, vomit and urine. When they're in that kind of state, anything can happen to them.'

Daily Mail

Comments

Popular Posts