Why Reddit sucks

What I learned from reddit is that the world is a fucked up place ... because the people in it really want it that way.

Now, a few years later, I realize that they fucked up reddit just like local, state, and federal governments. Who is 'they'? I have no clue. But I can characterize 'them' by saying they're not reasonable, they don't use logic, and my feelings mean nothing compared to their feelings.

The worst is the instant gratification. Because I can click in 0.002 seconds, I can also read with 100% comprehension in a fraction of that time. And if I can't, I can easily downvote in that time span. The writer shouldn't have tried to communicate anything more complex than 0.002 seconds of my understanding. I really ought to ban him for that, actually. - fn7

Comments

Popular Posts