Disappointed in my fellow females


From an interesting source:


It annoys me how many women use this quote, often as some kind of feminazi excuse chant...

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Translation:

"If you can't handle me when I'm acting like a spoiled whore and PMSing, then you don't deserve me at all. Men are all pigs!

Be your own strong feminist woman and sleep with ball-less doormats (who have a Visa). Diamonds are a girl's best friend."

Apparently Marilyn Monroe is some kind of feminist icon. I'm not really sure what is so great about her, unless sleeping with married men makes you a "strong and independent woman"... Nothing stronger than suicide too, I guess.

I wouldn't be able to have any respect for myself if I were some kind of "gold-digger". Then again, I find a person is most rich in their mind; and valuables are knowledge that is obtained over time.

I don't like diamonds; they are as cold and dead as the person who craves for them.

Even the most sparkly object becomes dull without meaning or purpose.

If you want to be a strong or feminist woman, then adopt some more traditional qualities. Learn to cook and bake, and sew. Be polite and productive. Have a garden and do things for yourself. Be virtuous. Be well-read, and witty.

Such things do not make you "weak and controlled by man". These are the things that truly make you classy.

I find that I can't relate to women. I do not understand their need to aquire things. I've only been to a female friends house a few times in my life. Their rooms remind me of crow nests. Mass collections of many things all put out for display.

It's interesting how they put out all of their possessions, as if to say "this is me". Yet in quarrels, what they really want to say is a secret. Secrets are power. Perhaps it is the manly side of me that thinks to that, "that is no way to fight a battle!"

I have also observed women acting very sweet to someone, and then as soon as that person is not around, sayng, "I hate that bitch." Is to be feminine to play mind games? I do not get it.

I can only visit my male friends. I feel so uncomfortable around females (unless they are rather masculine). I have no clue what to talk to them about. My love of 18th century literature?

I feel like I must walk on egg shells, and am uncomfortable that their true opinion of me is always a secret. Everything lies in smoke.

With my male friends, it is so easy to just say "hey, you are a prick today." Then we have a laugh, and I do not fear a hidden bitterness that will return later on. I do not worry there will be a secret meeting after I have gone. "You will never believe what that whore Samantha said to me today! ect., ect.".

I do not worry if I have a fight with one male friend, that all of my other male friends will band together and then fight with me also.

Perhaps I am overly-critical, however, as much as I am often embarrassed to be a human, I often feel more embarrassed to be grouped together with females.

When it comes to women, I am also lost. - Facebook


Good points.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:59 PM

    I think you're very confused about what feminism is, and certain negative behaviors that tend to affect people who identify as women rather than people who identify as men.

    I have a lot of biologically female friends - we don't talk behind backs, we don't demand that men be doormats. To the contrary - I want a man who's as strong and independent as I am. However, men who agree that women are entitled to the same respect and treatment as men are NOT ball-less doormats.

    The popularity of diamonds is a result of companies like Antwerp encouraging consumerism - not the innate greediness of women. I've sure you've heard about the DeBeers Diamond advertising campaign that rocketed diamonds to the forefront of engagement tradtions.

    Also, I've been a strong feminist for years, and I've never seen Marylin Monroe held up as a feminist icon. Read some Judith Butler or Michael Kimmel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Subvert the dominant paradigm, don't be a solipsist.

Popular Posts